Have you heard the one about the horse trainer's daughter...

An archive of my experience and memories as a professional equestrian


Visitors to this blog:

12 March 2006

A question of temperment

[posted to Morganlist, 15 August 1997]

Through circumstances too embarrassing to explain, I managed to have the upper door of Corey's stall come crashing down on both of us... while I was screeching and flailing about in an attempt to avoid being flattened, he exhibited his usual response to loud noises and airborne objects ("Oh cooool! What else does it do?") and tried to follow the grate into the barn aisle. Managing to close the bottom door in time to prevent on-site accident investigation by the Horse Patrol, he had to be content with 'assisting' me and another boarder in wrestling the grate back on to it's brackets. While I truly do love the courage and curiosity of the Morgan horse, sometimes I think if this animal were a kindergartner, he would come home with report cards notated "runs with scissors".

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home